Friday, February 6, 2009

Top 10 TV Couples Meme

I saw this Meme on the Smuggler's blog and thought it was pretty interesting. It originally came from Zara over at Sucker Love Reviews. Here’s the deal: create a list of your top 10 all-time favorite television couples, tag five other bloggers, and pass it on.
But before I get to my list here are the blogs I am tagging:

Katiebabs at Babbling About Books and More
Keishon at The Avid Book Reader
AnimeJune at Gossamer Obsessions
Ames at Thrifty Reader
KristyJ at Ramblings on Romance

Here are my top 10 tv couples:

Archie and Edith from all in the Family – It isn’t that they were a great romantic couple or particularly likable but they were totally recognizable. I knew this couple in my parents and friends’ parents growing up.


Luke and Laura from GH – Ok, don’t lie, you skipped your afternoon class to come pack to the dorm with everyone else to watch these 2 go from date rape to royal wedding. (Talk about dysfunctional!)


Maddie Hayes and David Adison from Moonlighting- Another adorably dysfunctional couple, I feel a theme happening here. The couple who loved to hate and hated to love each other. After watching those 2 together I wanted to either get busy with my husband or kill him.


Paul and Jamie Buchman from Mad About You – I loved these 2 so much. They weren’t perfect but they loved each other a lot. More than that they liked each other and knew how to laugh at themselves.



Fred and Wilma from the Flinstones – I think these 2 were my first exposure to couples. I loved Wilma’s style and in my mind she was the first feminist because she pulled Fred’s butt out of the fire more than occasionally. I also liked that she just laughed or kissed him when he would yell. And wasn’t Pebbles the cutest!?


Lucy and Ethel from I love Lucy- This is my first of “Not all Couples are Romantic” couple. Yea, Yea Rickey was cute but that show would never had been as great as it was if not for Ehtel. Doesn’t every girl long for a friend who is willing get locked in a freezer with her, lie to the husband about the shopping spree and just go through thick and thin with.


Lone Ranger and Tonto from the Lone Ranger– These guys are my 2nd non-romantic couple. We would get up for school and watch this show while eating breakfast. Tonto was always saving Kimosabi’s butt. Not matter how pretty the girl they always rode off into the Sunset together. The Ranger really wasn’t all that lonely, now was he.


Andy Sipowicz and Sylvia Costas from NYPD Blues- There is something always sexy and cool about the “Beauty and Beast” couple . She was so sophisticated and smooth and he was clumsy and shy. The shower scene with the 1st male naked backside on network tv was hot!


Cagney and Lacey – Their TV relationship lasted longer than a lot of marriages I know.


Vincent and Katherine from Beauty and The Beast- These 2 play right into my whole paranormal, goth romance heart. Dark sumptuous rooms, tall, masculine, husky voiced creature and small, sultry, pouty mouthed beauty are my favorite mixtures. This show and this couple were phenomenal!

3 comments:

~ames~ said...

Neat meme!! I remember Beauty and the Beast. LOL

Mame Burkett said...

Woo Hoo! Thanks Ames for stopping by and commenting. I think you are only the 3rd comment to my blog since I started. I did a little happy dance when I saw it. Let me know if you post your own list and I will definitely be by to check it out!
:)
Mame

~ames~ said...

Hey Mame,

I remember those early days of blogging. :P